Never skimp on moisture.
Now that summer is officially behind us, it's time to start thinking of ways to undo some of that damage the sun may have caused to your hair. The number one sign of hair in need of a little TLC? Dehydration! If the sun soaked up all the moisture in your mane while you soaked up the sun, keep reading. We're sharing the number one product you need to incorporate into your hair care routine stat!
Signs of Dehydrated Hair
Whether caused by too much sun, excessive heat styling, or over-washing, dehydrated hair is an incredibly common hair care concern that plagues us all at some point. While dry-feeling and looking strands are the primary sign that your hair is in need of moisture, there are a few other markers as well!
1. Brittle Strands and Split Ends – Dehydrated, dry hair often feels and looks brittle and the ends are split. What's more, when strands are brittle and split, they are prone to more serious damage, like breakage.
2. Dullness and Lack of Shine – A tell-tale sign of dry hair? Lack of shine. When hair is moisturized, it reflects the light and your color glows. When it's dehydrated it looks lackluster and drab.
3. Limp and Lifeless Locks – Finally, when hair is dehydrated, it can often go limp and lifeless, lacking that bounce that healthy hair is known for.
If your hair is showing these signs of dryness-or if you simply want to avoid them all together-there's one key product you need to start using in your routine: leave-in conditioner.
The Benefits of Leave-In Conditioners
Unlike the conditioners you massage in from mid-lengths to ends after you shampoo, leave-in conditioners are, as the name implies, left in your hair to help to continue to condition as the day goes on. They offer lightweight-often weightless-hydration and moisture that can offer many benefits.
1. Smoother Strands – Have an issue with flyaways? Leave-in conditioners can help to smooth those unruly strands of hair to give you a sleeker, more polished look.
2. Wash and Go – Leave-in conditioners are great for girls who want to embrace their hair's natural texture through air-drying. They can enhance a natural curl pattern or wave and even help to give straight hair a little extra bounce.
3. More Vibrant Color – If you color your hair the last thing you want is for that expensive service to fall dull and lackluster. To help your color remain vibrant, leave-in conditioners offer the moisture your locks need.
Ready to kiss dry, dehydrated strands goodbye? It's definitely time to give leave-in conditioners a try!